My husband and I live in the Northeastern US with our dogs. After twelve years of working in the customer service field, we decided it was time for me to leave corporate life behind and pursue my dream of working in the field I love: books! Having halted my education with my high school diploma, I applied to college and at age thirty-two became a freshman at the State University of New York at Buffalo State.
In the summer of 2016, I launched my blog with the intention of having a creative place to share my love of books. Since starting Kait’s Bookshelf I have had several self-publishing authors contact me, and I quickly realized that there was a need for honest and professional feedback in regards to their books as well as help with editing and basic proofreading. I absolutely loved working with these word artists, helping them to understand the strengths of their writing as well as areas that could be polished. I have also realized the need for freelance writers, particularly to write blogs and online content. So I have decided to expand Kait’s Bookshelf to include literary services as well as the blog and book reviews.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Writing with a Minor in Religious Studies from The State University of New York at Buffalo State. I have experience and training in writing and editing in several genres including:
- Professional Training Guides and Marketing
- Professional Correspondence
- Creative Writing including Narrative and Poetry
- Creative Nonfiction
- Short Story
- Personal Essay
- Nature Writing
- Writing for Children
Memberships and Publications:
- I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
- I am a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.
- I am a published author with three children’s books forthcoming from Cavendish Square Publishing.
- I have had a licensing contract with Roman, Inc. in which my poetry inspired and was published with original jewelry creations.
- As the founder of Kait’s Bookshelf, I have been creating and publishing original blog content for over a year.
Should you have any questions about services I offer, please feel free to contact me.